The Flying Box Theatre has a few updates to share:
- We have moved into a shared studio space, as pictured above. So very exciting to be out of our small apartments and surrounded by inspiring fellows like Egotrip Productions and Rickie Lea Owens, among others.
- We’re able to rent this studio because we’re taking part in the program Jeunes Volontaires for the next year… a year of puppetry and storytelling, on the government dole! Quebeckers under 30, artist or not, should be aware that this program exists.
- We have been following up our crowd-funding campaign by giving original prints by Jesse to donors, and we realize we also promised a little bit of audio as a reward, so…
- We are making a radio episode! For this first-ever-audio-creation we have interviewed Erika Eichenseer, the wonderful teacher, folklorist, and occasional librettist who we mentioned in a previous post. We’ve also talked to puppeteer, illustrator, animator and activist Alma Sheppard-Matsuo, who is embarking on the creation of an illustrated anthology of radical fairytales. Stay tuned for our first foray into radio in 2015.
- Over the next few months we will be hiding out in our new studio, preparing to emerge in the (early) spring with a new puppet show at the Centaur Theatre Children’s Series on Saturday March 7th 2015. Save the date!